Friday 27 August 2010

Melen Courses - Phil Richardson

At the beginning of this year, I enrolled in a Diploma course in photography with Phil Richardson of Melen Courses in Gaddesden Row, Hertfordshire. I entered with absolutely no knowledge of how to use a DSLR camera. Phil taught me what the different settings were and how and when to use them to get the perfect shot. Almost immediately I began to understand my camera. Phil's teaching methods are "crazy" to say the least and he is more than happy to pose for you if there are no models available. He has so much information and enthusiasm that he just blurts things out in random order and funnily enough it seems to get stored in your hard drive without realising it until you go over your notes and the answers just pop in!

There are photographers out there who will not give you the time of day as they are afraid that you will somehow put them out of business but Phil really wants the best from you and you can ask him anything at anytime via email (and I mean anytime). Sometimes I've emailed him at stupid o' clock waiting for an answer the next morning, and he's replied straight away.

With each module comes an hour's 1 to 1 time which can be done face to face or via Skype if you prefer and this helps you to get the most out of your assignment. Phil will also tell you if he thinks you can do better with your pictures and gives you more time to get the shot.

I can definitely say that I fully recommend Phil for any course to do with photography as I believe that you won't find anyone with his type of commitment. Phil teaches for the passion not for the money, his courses are more like a social gathering with everyone sharing information, you also get to meet like minded people who share his enthusiasm for the subject.

You can check out the courses at www.melencourses.co.uk. you won't be disappointed!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.